First and foremost, MSPE and NSPE works to protect your PE license – we do this at the local, state, and national level.
· MSPE is one of the few engineering organizations that have lobbyists actively engaged in both Jefferson City and Washington DC.
· MSPE’s lobbying arm represents PE’s in the Missouri Capitol and keeps members abreast of legislative activity during the legislative session.
· MSPE works to ensure licensed professional engineers are involved in state policy making.
· The NSPE Action Center makes engaging with legislators simple and convenient.
MSPE provides a community and network of professionals.
This community helps develop relationships, lead to career opportunities, provides technical support, and offers insight.
· Membership provides the option to join practice divisions to collaborate with members in similar areas of employment.
· Young professionals meet frequently to network and share ideas of how to build their career.
MSPE focuses on service to others.
MSPE, the MSPE Educational Foundation, and NSPE promote the profession and serve by organizing and/or volunteering across the State. Some examples include:
· Local STEM Activities
· Engineer's Week
· Future City
· Model Bridge Competition
MSPE provides opportunities for continued learning.
MSPE provides continuing education through monthly meetings, webinars, and conferences. In a given year, MSPE offers over 70 PDH courses, including access to 15 online PDH sessions on NSPE’s website that are included with your NSPE-MO membership.
MSPE helps you stay up to date.
MSPE is a resource for news and commentary – on engineering issues such as licensing, ethics, employment, education, technical matters, and of course legislation.
MSPE and NSPE help develop leadership potential.
MSPE and NSPE support leadership development through education and engagement at the local, state, and national levels. Two formal programs include:
· The 2020/2021 Road to the Summit: NSPE Volunteer Leadership Development
· The NSPE Emerging Leader Program
MSPE is a Partner and an Advocate.
MSPE partners with and supports other engineering associations. MSPE works with and has Memorandums of Understanding and Partnering Agreements with approximately 20 other professional societies and organizations.
MSPE works to promote the interests of our members, licensed Professional Engineers, while staying focused on our founding mission: Protection of the Public Health, Safety, and Welfare through the protection and advancement of professional engineering licensure.
You can renew as a three-tier member (includes membership with MSPE, the local chapter, and the national organization) or as a two-tier member (includes membership with MSPE and the local chapter only).
Enterprise membership allows a company or agency to create a group membership for multiple engineers employees. The group membership requires at least five members. This provides many administrative efficiencies and a simple way to update the group enterprise membership list to make updates and add new members. For interest and/or questions, our state office is happy to help at email@example.com or 573-636-4861.
Download Brochure: "Successful Employees Make Successful Business" (PDF)